This boating accessory wholesaler wanted to make life easy for their network of dealers to place orders online, and browse through their extensive range of products.
They also wanted the end customer to be able to browse their product catalogue. However, it was important that these guys only saw the recommended retail price as apposed to the dealer price.
There were plenty more requirements including:
- Online Chat,
- 'Nearest Dealer' search for the end customer,
- Order management functionality,
- Discounts for dealers ordering high quantities,
- Online dealer application process.
Their existing website was old and out of date. It was therefore necessary to design and develop an ecommerce website from the ground up.
While there was an extensive list of functional requirements to design and implement, initially the most important part of the project was to design a beautiful looking and eye catching website to complement the clients offline business highly regarded reputation and brand.
Next, we designed and implemented the ecommerce platform. When developing ecommerce websites it's essential to have highly organised systems, as the development of ecommerce websites are notoriously labour intensive. It's in everybody's interests that you get it right the first time.
As part of the design process we researched relevant keywords and optimised the website (SEO) around those keywords.
The website has been extremely well received by the client, their dealers, and the end buyers.
The client is now automatically receiving orders via the website rather than manually receiving orders by phone or by email. This frees up the time of their sales staff and minimises order input errors.
We are now working on the second phase of the project. In this phase we'll be implementing marketing automation systems in order to increase sales revenues. The strategies we are implementing include:
- Tracking dealers whenever they visit the website and notifying the sales staff,
- 'Lead scoring' dealers based on their 'online' (activities on the website) as well as offline profile (size of their business, past business relationship).
- Identifying dealers that are not purchasing as much as we'd expect based on their 'profile'.