Service – SEO & Content Creation
A modern SEO strategy requires that you produce 'content' and post the content on your website and social media channels. By doing this you expand your online profile and when Google is making a decision about who gets returned higher in the Google Search Engine, you or your competitor, they will choose you.
However, writing content takes time and most small businesses can't find the resources to write content.
That's why you need to make the most of any content that you do write. 'Content Amping' is the process of re-purposing your content across the internet, each piece with a unique identity so that Google will regard as unique content.
It turns out that one of the best ways to re-purpose your content is through video. 'Content Amping' involves creating multiple video versions of the one piece of content and posting the videos on Facebook, YouTube, Google+, LinkedIn, and your website in order to maximise your online profile.
Follow this 5 step SEO process and you'll shoot to the top of the Google Search Engine Results Page within weeks.
If you can implement all 5 steps you'll be generating leads and customers all the way through 2017, as these strategies all stand the test of time and are consistent with Google's SEO guidelines, and world's best practice.
DIY, or sign up to one of our entry level small business marketing packages. We have carefully crafted our packages so that even our entry level package contains our specialist on-page SEO services.
STEP 1: Identify Your Key Words & Register Them With Google
The first part of this step is to analyse historic Google search trends in order to find a set of keywords suitable for you to target. During this process you need to consider:
- The number of people typing that Keyword into the Google Search Engine over previous months.
- The Keyword competition. Which other company’s are targeting that keyword and can we beat them? What does your companies current online profile ilook like, and how does it compare to your competitors?
- The relevance of the Keyword. There’s no use attracting visitors to your website if they are not interested in your products or services. We need to make sure the Keywords are relevant to your business.
The good news is that Google makes all this information available to you. The best way to access the information is through the Google's 'Keyword Planner'. You can access this tool through the Google Adwords management console after clicking the the 'Tools' menu option.
Once we decide which keywords we want to target we then design the website accordingly. Some website design considerations that affect SEO include:
- 1 Page per keyword - for example, this page is targeting "On Page SEO Services",
- Write approximately 330 words per page,
- Have at least 50 pages / posts within the website,
- Include the Keyword in the Page Title, URL (for example, the url for this page is "https://marketingclinic.com.au/services/on-page-seo-services/"), Meta Description, and H1 Header Tag,
- Include the Keyword within the body of the page - we are mentioning "On Page SEO Services" whenever we can on this page without being too obvious (did you notice we just mentioned it - tricky aren't we!!),
- Include the Keyword in the body of other pages on the website and link back to the dedicated page,
- 'Mark up' your page using Google approved schema.
If you have a big website you may want to use an automated tool to check that you've structured your page properly. We recommend a tool like "WooRank" (https://www.woorank.com/) for this.
STEP 2: Create Some Content
"Content" is the word that describes the text, pictures and video on your website. Google's computers will crawl your website in an effort to work out your expertise. They deduce that if you are writing about a topic, you are an expert on the topic.
It's therefore essential that you write about your expertise and post regularly on your website.
We say "write", but this also includes making videos for your web pages. We think you should be making videos for ALL your web pages. See STEP 3 for more details.
However, it’s not just the content that Google is looking at when deciding if you are an expert. They are also looking at how people interact with the content. For example, if a visitor clicks on the SERP (Search Engine Results Page) listing and visits your website, Google will look at how that visitor interacts with the content.
Creating engaging content is therefore the cornerstone of any good modern SEO strategy.
Marketing Implementation Clinic have can help you produce engaging content.
STEP 3: Create a Video Version of ALL Your Content
This is where you really jump ahead of your competition, and go shooting up the Google Search Engine Results Page. The facts are simple:
- Google will give you a higher ranking if you have a video on your webpage (as well as the text).
- If your competition doesn't have video, this ranking improvement will be amplified.
- If you publish your video properly, it is possible to get two listings - one for your webpage, and a seperate one for your video. If someone clicks on your video listing they will still be taken to your web page.
When you publish your video, you will need to publish it in such a way that gives you maximum SEO benefit. This includes uploading the script which is then attached to your video so that Google can read the script and more easily determine the videos' contents.
We recommend a video for ALL your website pages. This includes Blog posts.
A video will sit nicely at the top of each website page and will often replace the 'featured image' that have traditionally taken this space. There are two types of video that can be made relatively easily and inexpensively and are therefore suited to this tak:
- Down The Barrel - A 'down the barrel' video is where you talk into the camera much like the one at the top of this page.
- Words on Screen - In this video we flash up the words of the audio in a variety of interesting ways.
The Marketing Implementation Clinic are aware of the huge impact video can have on your SEO results, and we have structured our marketing packages for small business accordingly.
We can handle all your video editing, top and tail them, stamp your branding on them, and then publish them so that they will be noticed by Google.
STEP 4: Publish The Content (properly)
Every time you write a new piece of content, you must ensure that you:
- Publish it on your website 'properly', so that Google will understand it's contents and is therefore more likely to list you higher on the SERP.
- Turn the text on the page into a video and publish the video at the top of the website page. Publish this video 'properly', so that Google will understand it's contents.
- Consider the content as a possible topic for an email marketing campaign. For example, we recommend that you choose your two best pieces of content for the month and email your lead list once it's published.
- Publish a facebook, LinkedIn, Twittter and Google+ version of the content. Each of these versions can be different and you should be clear about your goals when publishing on these platforms.
If are unable to do this yourself then get someone like the Marketing Implementation Clinic to do it for you.
STEP 5: Set Up A Heavy Duty Reporting System
You need to set up a reporting system not only gives you feedback on how well you are listing on the Google Search Engine Results Page (SERP), but also on the following:
- How many people clicked on your listing after typing in a particular set of Keywords?
- How many of those people then downloaded your eBook or equivalent (and thereby submitted their email address)?
- How many of these visitors become customers?
You need all this information to measure your Return On Investment. Otherwise you operating in the dark.
You need this feedback for each step of the process. Each step needs to be analysed and improved so that the overall system improves. We see too many SEO agencies reporting just on the first one or two steps of systems.
A good reporting system will also identify additional 'connected' keywords that you can target which results in a 'keyword snowball affect'.
We think Reporting is very underrated and we've spent a great deal of resources developing a reporting system that will ensure your success.
WHAT ABOUT SEO?
Yes, we do SEO as well.
To put it another way, we have a proven strategy of getting your company organically listed on the first page of the Google Search Engine Results Page (SERP).
We usually find it beneficial to launch an SEO campaign in conjunction with an ADWORDS SERP campaign. Both these strategies target the same audience and while SEO is a medium-term strategy, the PPC SERP campaign can deliver results in the short term.