SEO & Content Creation Service
We specialise in supplying marketing and website development packages to small business.
Our marketing packages are designed to deliver a measurable ROI.
A modern SEO strategy requires that you regularly produce ‘content’ and strategicaly post the content on your website and social media channels.
However, writing content takes time and most small businesses can’t find the resources to write content. This is the number 1 reason why SEO fails for most small businesses.
A good way to maximise your chances of SEO success is to make the most of any content that you do write through the practice of ‘re-purposing’ your content.
Our entry-level SEO package will help you implement the following 5 step SEO process. We’ve used this process on a number of our clients and it has a proven track record of success:
STEP 1: Identify Suitable Key Words To Target
The first part of this step is to analyse historic Google search trends in order to find a set of keywords suitable for you to target. During this process you need to consider:
- The number of people typing that Keyword into the Google Search Engine over previous months.
- The Keyword competition. Which other companies are targeting that keyword and can you beat them?
- The relevance of the Keyword. There’s no use attracting visitors to your website if they are not interested in your products or services. You need to make sure the Keywords are relevant to your business.
Google makes some of this information available to you via Google ‘Keyword Planner’. You can access this tool through the Google Adwords management console after clicking the ‘Tools’ menu option.
STEP 2: Dedicate A Webpage To Each Keyword You’re Targeting
Once you decide which keywords you want to target you can then design the website accordingly. Be sure to consider all the latest recommended on page SEO suggestions from Google.
If you have a big website you may want to use an automated tool to check that you’ve structured your page properly. We recommend a tool like “WooRank” (https://www.woorank.com/).
STEP 3: Create Some Content
“Content” is the word that describes the text, pictures and video on your website. Google’s computers will crawl your website in an effort to work out your expertise. They deduce that if you are writing about a topic, you are an expert on the topic.
It’s therefore essential that you write about your expertise and post regularly on your website.
We say “write”, but this also includes making videos for your web pages. We think you should be making videos for ALL your web pages. See STEP 4 for more details.
However, it’s not just the content that Google is looking at when deciding if you are an expert. They are also looking at how people interact with the content. For example, if a visitor clicks on the SERP (Search Engine Results Page) listing and visits your website, Google will look at how that visitor interacts with the content.
Creating engaging content is therefore the cornerstone of any good modern SEO strategy.
STEP 4: Create a Video Version of Your Content
This is where you really jump ahead of your competition, and go shooting up the Google Search Engine Results Page. The facts are simple:
- Google will give you a higher ranking if you have a video on your webpage (as well as the text).
- If your competition doesn’t have video, this ranking improvement will be amplified.
- If you publish your video properly, it is possible to get two listings – one for your webpage, and a seperate one for your video. If someone clicks on your video listing they will still be taken to your web page.
When you publish your video, you will need to publish it in such a way that gives you maximum SEO benefit. This includes uploading the script which is then attached to your video so that Google can read the script and more easily determine the videos’ contents.
We recommend a video for ALL your website pages. This includes Blog posts.
A video will sit nicely at the top of each website page and will often replace the ‘featured image’ that have traditionally taken this space. There are two types of video that can be made relatively easily and inexpensively and are therefore suited to this tak:
- Down The Barrel – A ‘down the barrel’ video is where you talk into the camera much like the one at the top of this page.
- Words on Screen – In this video we flash up the words of the audio in a variety of interesting ways.
The Marketing Implementation Clinic are aware of the huge impact video can have on your SEO results, and we have structured our marketing packages for small business accordingly.
We can handle all your video editing, top and tail them, stamp your branding on them, and then publish them so that they will be noticed by Google.
STEP 5: Publish The Content (properly)
Every time you write a new piece of content, you must ensure that you:
- Publish the content on your website ‘properly’, using the latest on-page SEO advice, so that Google is more likely to list you higher on the SERP.
- Turn the text on the page into a video and publish the video at the top of the website page.
- Consider the content as a possible topic for an email marketing campaign. We recommend that you choose your two best pieces of content for the month and email your lead list once it’s published.
- Publish a facebook, LinkedIn, Twittter and Google+ version of the content. Each of these versions can be different and you should be clear about your goals when publishing on these platforms.
If are unable to do this yourself then get someone like the Marketing Clinic to do it for you.
STEP 6: Set Up A Heavy Duty Reporting System
Your reporting system should tell you which part of your marketing system is delivering an ROI and which part isn’t. This enables you to optimise the system and grow your company as you’re able to turn off the losers and double up on the winners.
Phone call tracking and recording is usually necessary. Our reporting system integrates phone tracking so that we can get ‘real’ conversion numbers.
We think Reporting is very underrated and we’ve spent a great deal of resources developing a reporting system that will ensure your success.
Should I Use SEO or PPC?
We design and implement both SEO and PPC campaigns.
Our proven and battle-tested SEO strategies will result in your company organically listing on the first page of the Google Search Engine Results Page (SERP). However, a modern SEO strategy relies heavily on content creation and can take a relatively long time to deliver a return on investment.
We usually find it beneficial to launch an SEO campaign in conjunction with an ADWORDS SERP campaign. Both these strategies can target the same audience and while SEO is a medium-term strategy, the PPC SERP campaign can deliver results in the short term.